Learn how to select a licensed, qualified contractor; check the status of a contractor license; negotiate a clear contract; prevent disputes and mechanics liens; and resolve contractor disputes.
The Contractors State License Board protects consumers by regulating the construction industry through policies that promote the health, safety, and general welfare of the public in matters relating to construction.
- Hire a Licensed Contractor
- Want to go Solar?
- Thinking About Installing a New HVAC System?
- Know the Risks of Being an Owner-Builder
- Filing a Construction Complaint
- Report Unlicensed Activity or Illegal Advertising
- Legal Issues for Consumers
- Disaster Help Center
- More information can be found at the consumers home page