Swimming Pool Construction: Additional Information and Tips
The following information must be included in your contract.
- Three-day notice—the right to rescind a contract within three business days of signing it, provided it was solicited at some place other than the contractor's place of business. If you choose to cancel the contract, you must do so in writing
- A Notice to Owner regarding the state's mechanics lien laws
- A description of what constitutes substantial commencement of work
- A notice that failure of the contractor, without lawful excuse, to substantially commence work within 20 days from the start date, is a violation of Contractors License Law
- A notice whether or not the contractor carries commercial general liability insurance and the insurance carrier's name
Problems and Complaints
If problems arise during or after construction, talk to your contractor. Send your contractor a letter or email addressing your concerns and problems. He/she usually will make corrections willingly.
If your contractor is not willing to work with you to resolve the matter, you may wish to contact legal counsel and/or review our Filing a Construction Complaint section. For more information regarding our complaint process you may want to review CSLB's: A Consumer Guide to Filing Construction Complaints, or call CSLB at (800) 321-CSLB (2752).
Consumer Popular Pages
- Owner-Builder Warning
- Check a License or HIS Registration
- Guides and Publications
- License Classifications
- Senior Scam Stopper℠ Seminars