Skip to Main Content
Home Page Menu
Organization Title

Filing a Construction Complaint

CSLB's complaint process is designed to protect the public in matters pertaining to construction and to assist in the resolution of construction-related complaints. CSLB addresses violations of California Contractors License Law, whether the contractor is licensed or unlicensed, for up to four years from the date of the act.

  • How the Complaint Process Works

    This section is an overview about how CSLB addresses complaints and the procedures that are followed.

  • Licensed and Unlicensed Project Complaints

    Use this form if you are a homeowner, other contractor, subcontractor, or employee who wants to file a complaint against a contractor. Public agencies also may file complaints using this form.

    Complaint form (PDF | ORDER | ONLINE)

  • Unlicensed and Licensed Contractor Projects - Active

    Use this form to file a complaint for ACTIVE projects being undertaken by both unlicensed and licensed contractors. Please submit this form only if you know the job site address. If you are party to a contract on an active project, please use the Complaint form above.

    Lead Referral form (PDF)

  • Advertising Complaints

    Use this form to report an unlicensed contractor who is advertising illegally.

    Advertising Complaint form (PDF)

  • Building Permit Complaints

    This form is to be used to report any contractor who fails to pull a project building permit for construction activity.

    Building Permit Violation Referral form (PDF)

Image of  Consumers
Back to Top