Free Workshops Available to Help Contractors Do Business with the State of California
SACRAMENTO – The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is encouraging licensees to consider attending free state business certification workshops next month.
The workshops, hosted by the state’s Department of General Services (DGS), are designed to help small businesses get certified so they can bid for contracts with the state of California.
The first step for contractors to get state businesses is to get certified by the state as a Small Business (SB) or Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE). State certified SB’s and DVBE’s have access to exclusive benefits, including possible bid preference and incentives with state agencies.
If your business is not certified, you can sign up for a workshop with DGS experts who will help you submit your SB or DVBE application.
The workshops will take place on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at DGS Headquarters, 707 3rd Street, West Sacramento, during the department’s 2017 Winter Business Showcase.
Register below for one of the sessions. Since seating is limited to 36, please do not sign up for both sessions.
Gather and bring the following documents/information to the workshops:
- Applicant/Affiliate business Federal Tax Returns for three most recent tax years
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Secretary of State Number
- Home address of Officers, Members/Managers and Partners
- Dun & Bradstreet Number (if applicable)
- Contractors State License Board Number (if applicable)
- A list of keywords describing your business activities. NOTE: Limited to 255 characters; do not use periods or commas; do not repeat words.
Arrive early for two other presentations during DGS’s Winter Business Showcase:
- 10:00 am – How to Identify and Respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- 11:00 am – How to Market to State Government
To learn more about certification workshops, contact:
Wayne Gross, DGS Certification & Outreach Liaison
To learn more about the 2017 Winter Business Showcase, contact:
Tanya Little, DGS Business Development Program
Sign Up For Industry Bulletin Email Alerts
Please type in your email below and click submit.