Public Works Training Seminars Scheduled for Oakland
SACRAMENTO - The California Department of Industrial Relations has announced public works training sessions that will be taking place in Oakland on May 14, 2009.
Topics to be covered include:
- Public works projects, workers & types of work that are covered by prevailing wage requirements
- Who is entitled to prevailing wages and for what types of work
- How the prevailing wage is determined
- Recordkeeping and fringe benefit requirements
- Apprenticeship requirements
- How prevailing wages are enforced, and the liability for failure to comply
DIR Public Works Training Seminar
May 14, 2009, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Oakland Marriott (Oakland Civic Center)
1001 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
Presentations are by Department of Industrial Relations officials, including the Divisions of Labor Standards Enforcement, Apprenticeship Standards, and Labor Statistics and Research. The cost, which includes lunch, is $79.
Agenda and enrollment information is available at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/. Enrollment forms are due by May 1, 2009. For additional information, contact Marian Agbayani by e-mail at MAgbayani@dir.ca.gov or call 415-703-5055.
Sign Up For Industry Bulletin Email Alerts
Please type in your email below and click submit.