New Application Forms Mandatory for California Contractors
Contractors State License Board Will Only Accept New Versions after January 1, 2009
Applicants for California contractor's licenses, registrations or certifications are being advised to double check their paperwork before submitting any forms to the Contractors State License Board (CSLB). There is a procedural change starting January 1, 2009 for applications submitted to CSLB.
After that date, CSLB will only accept the current versions (dated 05/08) for the following applications:
- 13A-1 Application for Original Contractor's License
- 13A-1a Application for Original Contractor's License - Examination Waiver (7065)
- 13A-2 Application for Additional Classification
- 13A-2a Application for Replacing the Qualifying Individual
- 13A-25 Application for Asbestos Certification
- 13A-26 Application for Hazardous Substance Removal and Remedial Actions Certification
- 13H-11 Application for Registration as a Home Improvement Salesperson
All of these forms are currently available for downloading from the CSLB's Web site: www.cslb.ca.gov. The forms will soon be available at CSLB Headquarters office in Sacramento and at all CSLB field offices around the state. Contracting schools or anyone else handing out the forms are asked to stop using older applications as soon as possible and start using the 05/08 versions.
Beginning January 1, 2009, all older versions of the above-listed applications that are submitted to CSLB will be refused or rejected and the paperwork and fees returned to the applicant. The applicant will have to complete and submit a new application and resubmit the fees, which could result in unnecessary delays.
To learn more about CSLB resources or get the new forms visit www.cslb.ca.gov or call 1-800-321-CSLB (2752).
Sign Up For Industry Bulletin Email Alerts
Please type in your email below and click submit.