Notice of Legislative Committee Meeting
Friday, May 19, 2017, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 am (or until the conclusion of business)
Contractors State License Board HQ, John C. Hall Hearing Room
9821 Business Park Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827 (MAP)
Meetings are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. All times when stated are approximate and subject to change without prior notice at the discretion of each Committee’s Chair unless listed as “time certain.” Items may be taken out of order to maintain a quorum, accommodate a speaker, or for convenience. Action may be taken on any item listed on this agenda, including information-only items. The meeting may be canceled without notice.
Members of the public can address the Committee during the public comment session. Public comments will also be taken on agenda items at the time the agenda item is heard and prior to the CSLB’s Committee taking any action on said items. Total time allocated for public comment may be limited at the discretion of each Committee Chair.
LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDA
Legislative Committee Members:
Nancy Springer, Chair / David Dias / Joan Hancock / Michael A. Layton / Paul Schifino / Johnny Simpson
- Call to Order, Roll Call, Establishment of Quorum and Chair’s Introduction
- Public Comment Session for Items not on the Agenda and Future Agenda Item Requests
(Note: Individuals may appear before the Committee to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the CSLB’s Committee can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
- Review, Discussion, and Possible Action to Recommend to the Board the Initiation of a Rulemaking to Amend Title 16, California Code of Regulations (16 CCR) Sections 853, 858.1, 858.2, 869, 869.9, and 872 (Renewal Application Form, Blanket Performance and Payment Bond Requirements, Application for Approval of Blanket Performance and Payment Bond, Criteria for Rehabilitation, Criteria to Aid in Determining Earliest Date a Denied Applicant May Reapply for Licensure, and Disclosure of General Liability Insurance
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action on 2017 Legislation:
- AB 710 (Wood) Department of Consumer Affairs: Board Meetings
- AB 996 (Cunningham) Contractors Licensing Board Web Site: Search Function
- AB 1005 (Calderon) Professions and Vocations: Fines: Relief
- AB 1070 (Gonzalez) Contractors
- AB 1162 (Bocanegra) Electrical Contractors: Local Permits
- AB 1190 (Obernolte) Department of Consumer Affairs: BreEZe System
- AB 1278 (Low) Contractor Licensing: Final Judgments
- AB 1357 (Chu) Home Inspectors: Roofing Contractors: Roof Inspections
- SB 27 (Morrell) Professions and Vocations: Licenses: Military Service
- SB 486 (Monning) Contractors State License Law: Letter of Admonishment
- SB 715 (Newman) Regulatory Boards: Removal of Board Members
- SB 721 (Hill) Contractors: Decks and Balconies: Inspection
- SB 800 (Business, Professions & Economic Development) Professions & Vocations
*Note: Members of the Board who are not members of the Committee may attend the Committee meetings. However, if a majority of members of the full board are present at any of the Committee meetings, members who are not Committee members may attend the meeting as observers only.
The Board intends to provide a live webcast of the meeting. The webcast can be located at www.cslb.ca.gov. Webcast availability cannot, however, be guaranteed due to limitations on resources or technical difficulties. The meeting will continue even if the webcast is unavailable. If you wish to participate or to have a guaranteed opportunity to observe, please plan to attend at the physical location.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Aaron Schultz at (916) 255-4000 or Aaron.Schultz@cslb.ca.gov or send a written request to Aaron Schultz, 9821 Business Park Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.