Notice of Board Meeting
The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) will hold a Board Meeting at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 10, 2013, in the Chardonnay Room at the Doubletree by Hilton, 13111 Sycamore Drive, Norwalk, CA 90650, phone (562) 863-5555. This meeting will be webcast.
All times are approximate and subject to change. Items may be taken out of order to maintain a quorum, accommodate a speaker, or for convenience. The meeting may be canceled without notice. For verification of the meeting, call (916) 255-4000 or access the CSLB website. Action may be taken on any item listed on this agenda, including information-only items. Public comments will be taken on agenda items at the time the item is heard. Total time allocated for public comment may be limited.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Erin Echard at (916) 255-4000 or by sending a written request to CSLB Executive Office, 9821 Business Park Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.
December 10, 2013
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Call to Order – Establishment of Quorum
- Chair's Remarks and Board Member Comments
- Special Agenda Item – Public Remembrance of Sam K. Abdulaziz, Construction Attorney. Special recognition by Board, construction industry representatives, and others may last between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Public Comment Session
- Review and Approval of September 6, 2013 Board Meeting Minutes
- Enforcement Committee Report
- Review and Approval of October 21, 2013 Enforcement Committee Summary Report
- Enforcement Update
- Possible Update on Electrician Certification Enforcement Policy
- Public Affairs Committee Report
- Public Affairs Update
- Legislative Committee
- Review and Approval of November 18, 2013 Legislative Committee Summary Report
- Review and Consideration of Recommended Legislative Proposals for the Upcoming Legislative Session:
- Amendment to Business and Professions Code Section 7011.4 – Notice to Appear Authority
- Amendment to Business and Professions Code Section 7027.2 – Required content of advertisements issued by contractors not licensed by the Contractors State License Board
- Amendment to Business and Professions Code Section 7110.5 – Initiation of action against a contractor after Labor Commissioner’s finding of violation
- Addition of new Business and Professions Code and Government Code Sections – Creation of an Evidence Fund
- Licensing Committee Report
- Review and Approval of October 21, 2013 Licensing Committee Summary Report
- Licensing Update
- Testing Update
- Review and Approval of Construction Management Education Account Committee Proposal Regarding Grants to Qualifying Programs
- Executive Committee Report
- Review and Approval of November 18, 2013 Executive Committee Summary Report
- Administration Update
- Information Technology Update
- Budget Update
- Review of Strategic Planning Process
- Review of Tentative Board Meeting Schedule