Notice of Board Meeting
The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) will hold a Board Meeting at on Tuesday February 1, 2011, in the Columbus Meeting Room, at the Hilton San Francisco – Financial District, 750 Kearney Street, San Francisco, CA 94108, phone (415) 765-7851
All times are approximate and subject to change. Items may be taken out of order to maintain a quorum, accommodate a speaker, or for convenience. The meeting may be canceled without notice. For verification of the meeting, call (916) 255-4000 or access the CSLB Web Site. Action may be taken on any item listed on this agenda, including information only items. Public comments will be taken on agenda items at the time the item is heard. Total time allocated for public comment may be limited.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Tara Maggi at (916) 255-4000 or by sending a written request to the CSLB Executive Office, 9821 Business Park Drive, Sacramento, CA, 95827. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.
February 1, 2011
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Call to Order – Establishment of Quorum
- Chair’s Remarks and Board Member Comments
- Public Comment Session
- Review and Approval of November 9, 2010 Board Meeting Minutes
- Executive Committee Report
- Review and Approval of January 12, 2011 Executive Committee Summary Report
- Administrative and Information Technology Program Update
- Budget Update
- Strategic Plan
- Briefing by Licensing Division, Attorney General’s Office
- Enforcement Committee Report
- Review and Approval of January 12, 2011 Enforcement Committee Summary Report
- Enforcement Program Update
- Review and Approval of Proposed Three Year Partnering Pilot Program with Other State Agencies
- Legislative Committee Report
- Status of Proposals for the Upcoming Legislative Session:
- Amend the Contractors’ State License Law provisions that control the notification requirements and the suspension dates related to the disassociation of license qualifiers.
- Amend the Contractors’ State License Law to authorize CSLB indemnification of Industry Experts named as a party to civil litigation.
- Amend the Contractors’ State License Law to require execution of a workers’ compensation insurance exemption certification at license renewal if the licensee has no worker’s compensation insurance coverage on file.
- Amend the Contractors’ State License Law to clarify that offering, providing or accepting referral fees for home improvement services is prohibited.
- Amend Vehicle Code Section 1808.4 to include CSLB investigative staff in the list of state employees whose personal addresses are to remain confidential.
- Cleanup amendments for Business and Professions Code Sections 7027, 7030, 7058.1, 7058.6, 7058.8, 7066.5 and 7141.5
- Licensing Committee Report
- Review and Approval of January 20, 2011 Licensing Committee Summary Report
- Licensing Program Update
- Testing Division Update
- Public Affairs Committee Report
- Review and Approval of January 20, 2011 Public Affairs Committee Summary Report
- Public Affairs Program Update
- Approval of CSLB Communications Plan
- Review of Tentative Schedule