Notice of Board Meeting
The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) will hold a Board Meeting on November 9, 2010, in the Spanish Art Gallery meeting space, 3649 Mission Inn Ave, Riverside, CA 92501, phone (951) 784-0300; fax (951) 683-1342.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Tara Maggi at (916) 255-4000 or by sending a written request to the CSLB Executive Office, 9821 Business Park Drive, Sacramento, CA, 95827. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.
November 9, 2010
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Call to Order – Establishment of Quorum
- Chair’s Remarks and Board Member Comments
- Public Comment Session
- Review and Approval of August 26, 2010 Board Meeting Minutes
- Legislative Committee Report
- Review and Approval of October 20, 2010 Legislative Committee Summary Report
- Report on 2009 – 2010 Legislation
- Consideration of Proposals for the Upcoming Legislative Session:
- Amend the Contractors’ State License Law provisions that control the notification requirements and the suspension dates related to the disassociation of license qualifiers.
- Amend the Contractors’ State License Law to authorize CSLB indemnification of Industry Experts named as a party to civil litigation.
- Amend the Contractors’ State License Law to require execution of a workers’ compensation insurance exemption certification at license renewal if the licensee has no worker’s compensation insurance coverage on file.
- Amend the Contractors’ State License Law to clarify that offering, providing or accepting referral fees for home improvement services is prohibited.
- Amend Vehicle Code Section 1808.4 to include CSLB investigative staff in the list of state employees whose personal addresses are to remain confidential.
- Cleanup amendments for Business and Professions Code Sections 7027, 7030, 7058.1 7058.6 7058.8, 7066.5 and 7141.5.
- Licensing Committee Report
- Review and Approval of October 20, 2010 Licensing Committee Summary Report
- Licensing Program Update
- Testing Division Update
- Exam Development Briefing
- Review and Approval of Construction Management Education Account Committee Proposal Regarding Grants to Qualifying Programs
- Public Affairs Committee Report
- Review and Approval of October 20, 2010 Public Affairs Committee Summary Report
- Public Affairs Program Update
- Enforcement Committee Report
- Review and Approval of October 12, 2010 Enforcement Committee Summary Report
- Enforcement Program Update
- Proactive Investigation Update
- Review and Approval of Proposed Precedential Decision Regarding Aiding and Abetting an Unlicensed Person
- Executive Committee Report
- Review and Approval of October 14, 2010 Executive Committee Summary Report
- Review and Approval of Recommended Changes to Board Member Administrative Procedure Manual
- Administrative and Information Technology Program Update
- Budget Update
- Review of Tentative Schedule