Board Meetings- April 23, 2008
Call to Order
Board Chair James Miller called the meeting of the Contractors State License Board (CSLB) to order on April 23, 2008 at 8:00 a.m. at the Monterey Beach Hotel. A quorum was established.
Board Secretary Cynthia Mitchell led the Board in the Pledge of Allegiance. Board members, staff, and members of the audience introduced themselves.
|Board Members Present:||Board Members Excused:|
|Eddie Barnes||Bob Lamb|
|Robert Brown||Stephen Matich|
|CSLB Staff Present:|
|Stephen Sands, Registrar||David Fogt, Enforcement|
|Maureen Abbott, Executive Assistant||Peter Sugar, Enforcement|
|Don Chang, Legal Counsel (DCA)||Rick Lopes, Public Affairs|
|Karen Ollinger, Licensing||Michael Brown, Legislation|
|Amy Cox-O'Farrell, Info. Technology||Bob Porter, Testing|
|Larry Parrott, Administration|
Chair's Remarks and Board Member Comments
Board Chair Jim Miller welcomed everyone to the Monterey meeting. Mr. Miller and Registrar Steve Sands presented Maureen Abbott with a Plaque of Appreciation for her years of service to the Contractors State License Board. Mrs. Abbott is retiring on May 30.
Mr. Miller also welcomed CSLB’s new Board Member Bruce Rust. Mr. Rust is the Business Manager of Labors Local 294 in Fresno, California.
Public Comment Session
There was public comment from Greg Schwartz, consumer, who was dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint he had filed with CSLB.
William Carter, a design contractor in Sacramento, praised the Contractors State License Board for their work.
- Approval of the February 7, 2008 Board Meeting Minutes
- Approval of the April 3, 2008 Legislative Committee Meeting Report
- Approval of the April 3, 2008 Enforcement Committee Meeting Report
- Approval of the April 3, 2008 Licensing Committee Meeting Report
- Approval of the April 3, 2008 Communication & Education Committee Meeting Report
- MOTION: A motion was made by Don Zampa to approve all the Board and Committee Meeting Minutes listed. A second was made by Bob Brown. Motion was carried 12-0.
Adopt Positions on Legislation
Chief of Legislation Mike Brown reviewed and discussed the pending bills. He recommended that the Board should oppose AB2288 unless it is amended.
- MOTION: A motion was made by Donald Zampa to adopt an "oppose" position unless amended on AB2288. A second was made by Ed Lang. Motion was carried 12-0.
Strategic Planning Session
The Board engaged in a Strategic Planning Session facilitated by an outside consultant, Pat McLaughlin.
Review of Tentative Schedule
The next Board Meeting is scheduled for June 19 in Big Bear Lake.
The Board Meeting adjourned at 3:10 p.m.