Notice of Board Meeting
The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) will hold a Board Meeting on November 1, 2007 in the Topaz Room at The Westin Emerald Plaza Hotel, 400 West Broadway, San Diego, California 92101, (619) 239-4500, Fax (619) 239-3274. The meeting is open and the public is invited to attend. If you need reasonable accommodations as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, or if you have any questions regarding this meeting, contact the Registrar's Office at (916) 255-4000.
November 1, 2007
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Call to Order – Establishment of Quorum
- Chair's Remarks and Board Member Comments
- Public Comment Session
- Review and Approval of the August 3, 2007 Board Meeting Minutes
- Presentation by Paul Greenwood, San Diego Deputy District Attorney
- Industry Update
- Legislative Committee Report
- Update on Board Sponsored Bills
- Review and Consideration of Legislative Proposals
- For cases applicable to consumers, increase the threshold of small claims court jurisdiction for license bond claims from $4,000 to $7,500 (Code of Civil Procedure 116.220).
- Amend Business and Professions Code (B&P) Section 7071.5 to expand the causes for which consumers can file claims against the license bond.
- Amend B&P Section 7071.11 to conform the provisions pertaining to the statute of limitations for bond claims.
- Amend pertinent sections of the Contractors' State License Law to increase the threshold for arbitration cases from $50,000 to $100,000.
- Amend Penal Code Section 484b regarding diversion of construction funds to address evidentiary issues.
- Co-Sponsor legislation to amend the Health & Safety Code Sections pertaining to owner-builder permits to simplify and clarify the provisions.
- Enforcement Committee Report
- Review and Approval of the October 16, 2007 Enforcement Committee Report
- Enforcement Program Update
- Licensing Committee Report
- Review and Approval of the October 12, 2007 Licensing Committee Report
- Licensing Program Update
- Testing Division Update
- Review and Approval of Recommendation Regarding General Liability Insurance
- Communication & Education Committee Report
- Review and Approval of the October 16, 2007 Communication & Education Committee Report
- Public Affairs Program Update
- Review and Approval of Recommendation to Name CSLB Hearing Room After John C. Hall
- Executive Committee Report
- Review and Approval of the October 9, 2007 Executive Committee Report
- Administrative and Information Technology Program Updates
- Discussion Regarding Reporting Methodologies and Metrics
- Review of 2007 Strategic Plan Action Plan Update
- Review of Tentative Schedule
Please note that all times indicated and the order of business are approximate and subject to change.