Notice of Board Meeting
The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) will hold a Board Meeting on November 16, 2006 at the Anaheim Marriott Hotel in the Marquis Ballroom Center, 700 West Convention Way, Anaheim, California 92802, (714) 750-8000, Fax (714) 750-9100. The meeting is open and the public is invited to attend. If you need reasonable accommodations as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, or if you have any questions regarding this meeting, contact the Registrar's Office at (916) 255-4000.
November 16, 2006
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Call to Order – Establishment of Quorum
- Chair's Remarks and Board Member Comments
- Public Comment Session
- Review and Approval of the September 13, 2006 Board Meeting Minutes
- Legislative Committee Report
- Review and Approval of the November 15, 2006 Legislative Committee Report
- Review and Approval of Legislative Proposals (Unless otherwise noted, all section references are to the Business and Professions Code)
- Cleanup and Technical Proposals
- Section 7058 - Delete the last paragraph specifying the operative date relative to the scope of work for the Traffic Control (C-31) license classification. Section 7069 - Delete the reference to the operative date.
- Section 7071.6 - Amend the section to clarify the amount of the license bond is $12,500 effective January 1, 2007.
- Section 7071.9 - Amend the section to clarify the amount of the qualifier bond is $12,500 effective January 1, 2007.
- Section 7153.1 - Delete the reference to the operative date.
- Section 7159 (Home Improvement Contract Format) - Amend subdivision (d) (8) to reflect the exemption to down payments and progress payments provided in Section 7159.5.
- Section 7159.5 - Amend subdivision (a) (8) to express the exemption to down payments and progress payments otherwise provided under the section.
- Enforcement Related Proposals
- Section 7026.1 - Amend the section so that unlicensed contractors who offer to perform tree trimming can be prosecuted pursuant to a sting operation.
- Section 7028 - Amend the section so that the applicable penalties can be applied pursuant to sting operations.
- Section 7091 - Amend the section to increase the statue of limitations relative to the discovery of criminal convictions that are substantially related to the qualifications, functions or duties of a contractor.
- Section 7114 - Amend the section to hold a licensee responsible for a consumer injury resultant from aiding and abetting a non-licensee.
- Add Article 10.5 to the Business and Professions Code; Sections 7170, 7171, 7172, 7173 and 7174 to authorize disciplinary action for certain acts or omissions regarding Mechanic's Lien procedures and requirements.
- Cleanup and Technical Proposals
- Executive Committee Report
- Administrative and Information Technology Program Update
- Budget Briefing
- Review of 2006 Strategic Plan and Strategic Planning Process
- Enforcement Committee Report
- Enforcement Program Update
- Review of 2005/2006 Annual Statistical Report (SB1953)
- Licensing Committee Report
- Licensing Program Update
- Testing Division Update
- Licensing Information Center Update
- Review of Criminal Background Unit and Fingerprinting Process
- Communication & Education Committee Report
- Review and Approval of the October 30, 2006 Communication & Education Committee Report
- Public Affairs Program Update
- Review of Tentative Schedule
Please note that all times indicated and the order of business are approximate and subject to change.