Reactivating Your License
First, you must request a reactivation application. There are two ways to request an application:
- By calling (800) 321-CSLB (2752) or
- By writing to CSLB's headquarters office:
P.O. Box 26000
Sacramento, CA 95826-0026
You must complete the application and meet the following requirements.
- Meet all bond requirements including any disciplinary bonds, contractors bond, and bond of qualifying individual or exemption statement. Attach all required bonds to the application. Do not send bonds separately.
- Submit proof of workers' compensation insurance, or download and submit the Exemption from Workers' Compensation form.
REMEMBER: Contractors who do not have employees working for them are exempt from the requirement for workers' compensation insurance, but they are required to file a certification of this exemption with the Registrar (Business and Professions Code section 7125.1).
- The application must be signed by all qualifying partners, responsible managing employees, and responsible managing officers. When applying to reactivate the license, the following people must sign for each license type.
- For a sole ownership license, the owner must sign.
- For a partnership license, all partners must sign.
- For a corporation, one corporate officer must sign.
- For a joint venture license, the qualifying individuals of each entity must sign.
Effective Date of Reactivation
Your reactivated license will be effective the date on which the required fee, acceptable application, and other required documents are received by CSLB.
After your reactivation application has been processed, your license will be active for a full two years from the end of the month in which it was reactivated. See Business and Professions Code section 7076.5 and California Code of Regulations section 867.
Contractors Popular Pages
- Check a License or HIS Registration
- Forms and Applications
- License Classifications
- List of All CSLB Fees
- Building Official Information Guide