The Contractors State License Board protects consumers by regulating the construction industry through policies that promote the health, safety, and general welfare of the public in matters relating to construction.
The Board accomplishes this by:
- Ensuring that construction is performed in a safe, competent, and professional manner;
- Licensing contractors and enforcing licensing laws;
- Requiring licensure for any person practicing or offering to practice construction contracting;
- Enforcing the laws, regulations, and standards governing construction contracting in a fair and uniform manner;
- Providing resolution to disputes that arise from construction activities; and
- Educating consumers so they can make informed choices.
The Board's mission statement and the 2015-16 Strategic Plan serve as a compass for CSLB.